OK so I was going to cancel my land line because all I get is spam calls, and keep my internet. ATT tells me just internet would be more than it costs as the portion of the bundle of voice+IP. BUT... they have a special bundle (which is the exact same bundle) for 45% less than I am paying now, and the total for Voice+IP will be less than I am paying now for the internet portion of my service, and would be less than internet service alone. Go figure. So I signed up for that. And they have some new spam blocker you can activate so I did that. It's worth a 15min call (even with all the impediments to getting a real person) to save $45/month.

So then I decide that I don't have time to read the Wall Street Journal much any more, so I was going to cancel that and maybe just keep the digital subscription to read it on the app and online. But they have a 6month bundle of print+digital, available to existing subscribers, that is less than half what I am paying now for both, and is less than just the digital subscription. Go figure. Sign me up!

So 30min on the phone saves me close to $70/month going forward. Reasonable return on my time I guess.

--
--FT