Yeah, that’s one of the issues with these being used in colder climates. That
and their efficiency drops off when the ambient goes down, too. In a basement
they seem to do OK but if they’re in the living quarters like in your place
it’s probably not the ideal setup.

I did a lot of research on these before I bought the one for the old house.
They’re definitely best for certain kinds of applications, but not all. More
heat = more efficient. That’s ideal in my climate, as the garage is always warm
even in the “winter”. Definitely made a difference in the energy consumption.
Between my new AC unit and the hybrid water heater, both replaced at about the
same time, my very worst electric bill went from $275/month to maybe
$150/month. That convinced me I made the right decision. I wished I had known
the new AC would make such a significant difference in energy consumption, as I
would have replaced it a long time ago.

-D