Exactly.   His market may be different that the rest of the country, because of all the people fleeing stupid states and moving to FL wanting to buy houses.   but he needs to consider it is exactly these people who made their state of origin stupid.

I had 2 experienced agents tell me the same thing.  buyers don't give a rats ass about efficiency or operating cost.  They want everything new, painted fixed etc.   They are too dumb to paint a room, and too lazy to hire someone to paint.    Our selling experience bore this out.   We spent thousands and months fixing up everything and still got beat up badly.   To be fair, a large portion of that was due to the city's stupidity.

If there are more people fleeing high tax states wanting to buy his house, than houses available, then it is different.   But the buyers are still idiots, and they will still be egged on by agents and brokers who are as bad or worse.

Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 30, 2019 at 8:20 PM
I do not think Curley was talking specifics with your house, just making a point of how stupid people are these days, and he is not wrong about that.