Hahaha~!!   You spent how many thousands to buy a house just to keep ya busy so you leave that crappy bumper alone; besides you parked it at the budget rent a car lot so you'd never see it.   That's a lot of work and expense just to win a bet!

You know d@@m well that if you walked buy it every day for 30 days, and had to look at it, it would be done!

Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 3, 2020 at 2:39 PM
You would need to leave the Parktronic sensors in the bumper, or you would have to find covers for the holes.

Good quality rattle cans (2) would cost about $60-$80 depending on who you get it from. No idea what a shop would charge, but I’ve wondered if it would be pretty cheap if you walked in with it, said “Paint this at your leisure” and asked for a deal with no strings (warranty). Can’t imagine it would be that expensive.

If I ever replace the rear bumper on my ML beater truck I may try this. I’ve done rattle cans on a W140 front bumper cover and it turned out well. I’m holding out for the one year anniversary before I do this so I can beat Curley’s bet that I’ll clean it up before that…

-D