> I'd like to have 64 thinking that I can use the 8 GB of RAM installed.

The 'bitness' of an OS is not a single number.  There's half a dozen ways to
measure this,
each with different implications.  There have been any number of '32-bit' OS's
in the past
that are quite capable of using more than 4GB of RAM.  It's just that no single
_process_
could directly use more than 4GB unless that process was using a 64-bit address
space.

There's a lot to be said for using 32-bit processes on a 64-bit-capable
machine/OS.  They
tend to use memory more efficiently.  I have a small write-up:

        http://formicapeak.com/~jimc/bad64
<http://formicapeak.com/~jimc/bad64>.html

-- Jim