restore from backup.   You did   make a backup before you started this, Right?   Or you have a backup from last week?

there IS a log somewhere on your machine that will have the info about WHY the downgrade failed.   This log will be destroyed when you restore from backup.

Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 4, 2020 at 9:27 AM
I have no idea. I have a 2 tb SSD which I just installed not long ago and everything was running great. It was installing and I left it along then came back later and it was restarting in windows 7. Just said installation failed and rolled back the changes. Previous to this I checked the properties and it said windows 7 was active and genuine. Now it’s as if the product key is missing and wants me to activate. I can’t seem to find disc I used which has the key on it. Right now it keeps say I need to activate now.

When I did it on my laptop it also failed the first time and rolled back to win 7 but did not have the missing key issue. I just ran it again and it took on the 2nd time/

Sent from my iPhone