> On January 4, 2020 at 7:14 PM Karl Wittnebel via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>

> Are you building one of those airplanes Mitch?

Only in my dreams.
First started dreaming in 2018 when I found an ad for an unbuilt 25 year old
Lancair 235 kit for $8k.
It appears that Tailwind (fixed gear) falls between 2 seat Lancair (retracts)
and RV-8 (fixed) in efficiency / straight line speed, and should be cheaper
than either. Making the fuselage a lifting body was apparently a stroke of
genius, it's not as beautiful as a Lancair but it's pretty darn fast for fixed
gear, especially considering the age of the design.

Mitch.