Karl, Jaime: what about fine tuning the alignment of the differential, once
you get to the point of connecting the driveshaft?  IIRC, when I swapped
differentials on my 124 last fall, new bushings were supposed to be
installed with a special tool in order to get the differential aimed
directly at the driveshaft so the entire assembly would be straight and (I
assume) minimize flexing at the flex disc and sideways loading on the
bearing at the nose of the differential.  I didn't have the special factory
tool, used a Mark 1 Mod 0 Eyeball and calipers, paid attention to alignment
of the old diff and focused on getting the new diff into the same
position.  The fore/aft depth of each bushing can affect the diff
alignment, if they are grossly different.
Max
Charleston SC