I am painting and putting new tile down in my laundry room so I have been moving the W/D around.  The washer cabinet has come undone from the top, which appears to have all the guts bolted to it somehow.  The big sheet metal screws that hold the cabinet to the top, screwed in from underneath, are all rusted out where they screw into the top.  This washer (sears) is probably at least 20yo, maybe older, I don't recall when I bought it, might have been when we moved to Houston or maybe we brought it there from the old house so it could be going on 30yo.  Rather than fooling with it (and I am not even sure of how I would screw something inside the cabinet like that) I think I am just going to use some metal plates like for joining wood rafters and joists and what not and screw the top to the sides and be done with it.  I have some in the garage  I don't care what it looks like as long as it washes clothes.  Probably will get me another 20 years from the thing.

--
--FT