While you're earnestly trying to "separate fact from fiction", every major
sporting event has been canceled or postponed, and the Smithsonian and
Kennedy Center in DC have closed their doors through the end of March.

I was told that all Fed government workers will be told to stay home and
telework starting Monday.  Not sure that will happen everywhere, but
probably in DC. at the least

The hope is that growth in new cases slows or reverses course after these
draconian measures have been underway.