How much food do you folks normally keep on hand?

My wife and I were talking about this whole virus issue and she feels we normally have lots of food to keep us going for at least a couple of weeks if the need should arise.

Do most people shop daily or are they becoming afraid that this could turn into something much bigger and think they need to have supplies for a much longer period of time?

Not questions that are easy to answer I suppose. Probably it is the issue of things being unknown and thus a bit frightening for many.