right.   and the theory is that by having people try to be hermits, we can lower the peak numbers and spread the hopital load out over a longer time.   Sounds good on paper.   We are old enough to remember when we DID have a lot more hospital beds.   Hospitals were closed and torn down or converted to other use "Because we don't need so many beds" in the 80s and 90s. Many towns lost their only hospital.    Like everything else, need for hospital beds is cyclical.   The regular flu is cyclical.  the death numbers go up over 100% and the next year may be only 50% of the peak year.

But lying with statistics is still lying.   We need to cut funding to UN and its offspring WHO.   The USA can stand on out own.