I think that the law / regulations set in place by Congress prevented us
from using any test developed by private industry or outside the US, back
in January.  Hindsight is 20-20.

Remember that in mid-January, WHO was parroting the CHICOM lie that this
virus was not able to be transmitted from human to human.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/18/flashback-who-china-coronavirus-contagious/

Max
Charleston SC