> Larry wrote:

> one day someone will figure out how to put EFI on small engines
> at a cost comparable to carbs and carbs will disappear
> completely - like they have on cars.

Stihl has it on the 500.  The big selling point, or at least the
big talk-about point, is the lighting fast throttle response.  Not
quite as much power as the 750 it is supposed to replace.

Like I really care about throttle response on my saw.

No mention of decreased fuel consumption, that I have seen.
Noticeable price difference.  I imagine it will "trickle down" in
time.