Float-bowl carbs (typical on 4-cycle engines like mowers, edgers, snow blowers,
etc.) can usually be "fixed" by dropping the float bowl and reaming gum and
corrosion from the main jet (I usually unscrew the jet to clean it).  But the
dual-diaphragm carbs on small 2-cycle motors (chain saws, leaf blowers, weed
whackers, etc.) aren't worth fixing; just replace with new.