Plexiglas = acrylic, so yeah, that's not stopping UV, but UV can make it
yellow and weak. IIRC it also shatters into sharp shards.
Not what I'd choose for a canopy.

Lexan = polycarbonate = more better.
PC eyeglass lenses are considered UV blocking. They're strong, moderately
high index, and block UV. The biggest argument against PC is it induces
chromatic aberration when you aren't looking through the center of the
lens.

Mitch.