Been there and done that with bad neighbors in the past. I had a place
surveyed, steel stakes driven, with engineers tag attached. Few days later,
stakes were gone... called back the certified survey guy.. new stakes....
week later... gone again...
Solution:
Engineer wrote up the boundary description, down to the inch, measured from
stakes on the other side of property line that joined the offending
neighbor.. who has decided long before I bought the place that "he was just
gonna use what he wanted of the old folks who lived there property".... I
upset him by buying it and surveying it properly...
During the episodes, I went to court and got it on legal record that the
garage he had built was 11 ft over my property line. Court ruled in my
favor, and also ruled there was a 20 ft utility easement between the
properties... and that the garage had to be demolished...

Not to say I celebrated, but the shade tent, with lawn chairs and BBQ and
beer for all my friends who came to watch the garage be demolished provided
an afternoons entertainment..
The debris from building destruction was pushed past the easement onto his
property... then I took him back to court to order "removal of the
community eyesore" .... which again, got judgement in my favor...
Demolished the old house on my property, built a new modern home,
landscaped the property [about 5 acres] and sold it for a tidy profit and
moved on to lifes next adventure..