> OK, where are the tutorials that tell you how to make these parts sing and
> dance (or at least do what you want them to do)???

Q: I need a specific kind of wheeled chair thingy, where can I get one?
A: We sell all kinds of wheels and structural steel, you can weld up exactly
what you need.
Q: Great.  Where are the detailed instructions?

Umm, that _is_ the problem.  If flanging together some of the many Maker-bait
bits that are currently out there is not something you already know how to do,
or want to teach yourself first, then perhaps that is _not_ the right way to go.

I think there _are_ tutorial courses/products that would help you to get there.
But I have not investigated this myself.

Basically what you want is a watt-hour meter hooked to a solar cell of a known
size.
That will integrate the power available to the test cell, and give you a single
number,
which you can scale by the ratio of test cell size to final cell array size.

I don't know where to get one that works on 12V DC, though.  (I have not
looked.)
This would be a Kill-A-Watt device for DC battery systems, rather than
household AC.

-- Jim