When the Frankenheap got popped in the rear and the trunk would no longer
unlock,
I went over to the 250C for some inspiration.  I located the exact place to
drill through
the wall behind the license plate to allow releasing the latch.  As the car was
grey, a
spot of duct tape was all the bodywork that was necessary to complete the
repair,
after the trunk wall had been pushed back into place (with the ubiquitous BFH)
so
that the mechanism worked properly again.

You're basically looking for the place where an icepick, judiciously applied,
will
do the most good.  Not much of a hole.

-- Jim