Listen to the podcast.The problem with self driving cars is that they are
incompatible with human piloted cars. I LIKE driving, I go places a self
driving car won't go. I like going to those places.
What happens when your self driving car won't take you somewhere because that
destination violates the terms of service for the software in the car? What
about if it won't go to the hospital because "conditions are too dangerous" in
a snowstorm?
The loss of freedom to "get that time back" isn't worth the trade.
Lets face it the world is full of "labor saving devices" but people spend a ton
of time complaining they don't have any time. It makes more sense to try to
enjoy the things you do, like driving, than try to replace them.

-Curt

    On Thursday, September 24, 2020, 6:13:09 PM EDT, Karl Wittnebel via