-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Loren Faeth
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 10:03 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Injection Pump Question for OM601

Was the black stuff hard, like rubber pieces?  Was it grit that fell in
when you opend the delivery valve?  (some grit can hide on top of the
o-ring seal)  Was the black stuff soft and rubbery?

If you have run at least a tank of fuel through the car, most of the
algae
that would be caught in the filter will be gone.  If there is algae in
the
clear filter, you should be able to see it without cutting the filter
open.