Zeitgeist wrote:

I know I'll probably be hunted down and shot for suggesting this, but
I've often thought it would be fun to put together a 170D or 180D
street rod with the full Finnish Super Turbo setup and complete W124
suspension and running gear undercarriage treatment.  That would be
one unique vehicle.

Sounds good to me, but I'd suggest starting with a 1936 260D, the world's first diesel car. Or, seeing as we're entering the realm of whims and dreams and that the factory offers a 7.3L AMG V12 conversion for the W100, another option might be to have your W141 fitted with the latest CDI engine and all associated goodies. Either way you'll have the greatest diesel bird-puller in all of Dubai.

Tom