Anybody with a 50a 240v dryer outlet can charge an electric car.

If solar panels can run hour meter backward, so can a battery.

If electric cars become cheaper to own than ICE cars, I fail to see the
egalitarian argument. Sandy Munro was just saying on his latest vid that
the main significance of Tesla's battery day was that the cost per kwh will
shortly be low enough for electric cars to be directly price competitive
with ICE cars. Like within 18 months. Then people will start voting with
their pocketbooks. Yes Tesla are ambitious with timelines, but the Model Y
fixed a ton of things that were suboptimal about the 3, and they are
cutting the cost of manufacturing even more with the big castings and
structural batteries. It is all happening, and sooner rather than later. So
far Tesla is the only game in town in terms of bringing it in at a real
price point.

Chevy Bolt is not an uncommon sight here. My neighbor is an EE from
Stanford. He just sold his 67 427 Vette. They drive two Bolts now.