Something I just thought of: LiON batteries have a limited number of
charge/discharge cycles. I wonder if using them as surge power for the grid
would limit the lifespan.Presumably not draining them significantly would
minimize the problem but I certainly wouldn't be down for having my car's
battery life limited because PG&E can't be bothered to upgrade it's
infrastructure.
Of course upgraded infrastructure will result in higher rates for consumers. It
has to, that money has to come from somewhere.
I'm a fan of electric cars, they're fun to drive. If you haven't driven one you
really should. Even the Nissan Leaf is pretty fun. I'm not a fan of the hype
(and frankly, lies from both sides) surrounding electric cars.
One last thought: Electric cars are good for those of us who are fans of ICE
vehicles, more gasoline/diesel fuel for us...
-Curt

    On Thursday, October 1, 2020, 2:06:54 AM EDT, Karl Wittnebel via Mercedes