-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Marshall Booth
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:01 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Injection Pump Question for OM601

Dillon, Meade LCDR wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Thanks for the welcome.  I'm tempted to adjust the idle, but I'd
> rather fix it right.
>
> If the saga drags on too much longer, I probably will install a blank
> plate in the EGR circuit.  I doubt that is the problem - engine does
> not smoke at all and has good power all the way up the tach.
>
> I am a little curious about the power band for this engine.  On my 123

> wagon with OM617.912 (normally aspirated) the power definitely came on

> at about 2400 RPM.  In this OM601, the torque peak seems to be at
> about 3000 RPM.  Anyone out there have experience?

The MAX torque is at 2800 rpm in the OM601.921 engine vs 2400 in a
617.912, but the torque curve of both is VERY wide and flat. None of my
601 engined cars (two were '84s and my '85 was a Euro car) had an EGR so

I have had NO experience with defeating it. I think that only the
California certified '85 190Ds had EGR, but I've never tried to work my
way thru which ones did and didn't.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84
190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)