On 2020-10-12 16:03, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
Probably not that often, but if I’m going to find a car for there, I
would prefer it to be equipped for the climate in case we’re up there
in the winter.

I’ve been looking at MLs around here, too. Almost nothing. There’s a
2004 ML350 I could get for a good price, but it’s got 140k on it,
meaning the balance shaft is probably about ready to pop. I don’t
need/want/have time for projects right now.

Check the data card.
My 2003 has the 3.7L M112, with the ignition coils that never make it to 300k. As best as I can recall, they never put the junk 3.5 in the W163, just W211 and W164.