Oh geez, never buy Samsung appliances, especially refrigerators. Ours is great, but the ice maker does not work, period.  It continually jambs and freezes up and I noticed the ice makers on the new models are exactly like ours.  I am tempted to dump it or move it as a spare fridge to the garage and buy something else.