Oh hey, I forgot to tell the other big camp story from last week. We got a
refrigerator!
Onna these in white:
https://uniqueappliances.com/product/8-cu-ft-propane-fridge/?c=72e1ba2726d6
8 cu ft is pretty small but at $1500 delivered propane fridges are pretty
spendy. Ours weighs as much as the much larger unit we have at home. The tubing
on the back is pretty serious.
As usual there was nearly a whole day farting around getting it hooked up
including 2 trips to the hardware store for more fittings. Neither of us wanted
to buy another 50' of 3/8" copper pipe (at probably $1.50 a foot) for the 15
foot run so we ended up putting a couple pieces we already had together. Also
as usual it took me about 5 bad flares to get the hang of the flare tool
again.One trick we used on the flares was to anneal the pipe before making a
flare. Copper work hardens and last time I made flares I was having trouble
with it cracking and leaking, softening it before working with it worked way
better.
-Curt

    On Monday, October 19, 2020, 11:52:14 PM EDT, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes