What they said, and if you can't find an easier way to get the ATF in the trans and the lube in the diff, I have used a pump oil can. It takes a while, but it will put the stuff into hard to get to places, and doesn't not cost a fortune or tie up a lot of space.

At 05:10 PM 5/11/2006, you wrote:
> you don't fill high enough to leak out the fill hole, as this can cause
> front seal problems if the overflow vent is blocked. And then I hear,
> yes,
> do fill high enough to leak out the fill hole, then put in the plug.
> Also: below I'm advised to suck the fluid out. Is this to say drain
> AND suck
> for greater fluid evacuation? Draining out the drain hole is not
> enough?

It's all about level.  If it's level, it ought to fully drain and you
won't overfill.  If you just jack the ass of the car up for access, then
all might not drain out, and you could overfill a bit.  If you need to
jack it for access, run the front up on ramps first.  (Or jack up both
ends, but I find 50% rampage easier.)

I used the sucker on the 240D, but that's because it was full of
black glop with the texture of runny mashed potatoes.  It wouldn't
actually drain much by itself.

-- Jim