To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 2:28 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Rear Diff Fluid

Great help, all. But I think something conflicts here: I've heard that no,
you don't fill high enough to leak out the fill hole, as this can cause
front seal problems if the overflow vent is blocked. And then I hear, yes,
do fill high enough to leak out the fill hole, then put in the plug.

In the case of being advised against filling high enough to leak out the
fill hole, then the question becomes, how high DO I fill it?

Also: below I'm advised to suck the fluid out. Is this to say drain AND suck
for greater fluid evacuation? Draining out the drain hole is not enough?

Brian
83 230D