Yes normally humans with healthy lungs walk around at 97% or better.
Anything under 92% is dodgy. It is usually measured with little red light
things you put on your finger or ear lobe; you can buy little battery
powered versions on Amazon for ~$20.

When otherwise healthy people get hypoxic like that, it is an indication
that something is seriously wrong in the lung parenchyma. With COVID, it
sets up inflammation that thickens the barrier across which oxygen has to
diffuse to get to your red blood cells.