Karl, I respect your medical experience and training (of which I have none).
Is your comment based on general experience or do you know specific examples
(e.g. things CDC prevented from doing or forced to do)?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes On Behalf Of Karl Wittnebel via Mercedes
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2020 11:35 PM

That is a reasonable question. I tend to think that had they been allowed to
do what they wanted to do, based upon their expertise in this area, rather
than being micromanaged at every turn by people with no formal training in
medicine, public health, or any other form of scientific endeavor, that
things would have been very different in terms of the course of this
epidemic and its magnitude. We have lots of examples of countries that had a
strong centralized government response, and did far better than we have in
terms of deaths per 100k.