It now falls on insurance companies to keep landlords whole.  I am sure the
rent free tenants are not keeping the residences in good condition.   I could
not find paying ones capable of maintaining the homes in livable conditions.
Some Hebrew Lightning will descend from the heavens and cleanse the abodes of
resident and filth in one stroke.  Standard policy then covers that loss,
landlord has funds and bare land that can be redeveloped to a higher standard
and sold off when the markets rebound.

Of course the renters will be found to have been crackhead drug smokers or
imbeciles unlearned in how to operate heating equipment for food and warming

Clay

inter urinas et faeces nascimur