Before you do the next fuel filter change, spend a few bucks and get one of
these [or one like it] and plumb it into the fuel supply line just at the
fuel filter.

https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Transfer-Universal-Pressure-2-5-4psi/dp/B07JPDZC4M/ref=pd_lpo_263_img_1/147-4172102-4367701?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07JPDZC4M&pd_rd_r=ba046a97-4646-46fe-9cc8-c5b175ac0b63&pd_rd_w=WDi6Z&pd_rd_wg=dfFZX&pf_rd_p=7b36d496-f366-4631-94d3-61b87b52511b&pf_rd_r=F6NYYHG3X997R9HDT12Z&psc=1&refRID=F6NYYHG3X997R9HDT12Z

Put a switch on it so you control the pump, and prime the filter all the
way to the injection pump, crack the line nuts at the injectors and use the
cheap pump to push fuel to the injectors, ie, prime the system... your
crank time will be reduced to zip, you will save the cost of a starter down
the road, and the pump, if sized right can set in the system since fuel
will flow through it if it's not powered, or, you can simply disconnect it,
and reconnect the supply line.

I've been using this system for 20 years to "assist" fuel filter changes on
large displacement Detroit powered trucks and buses I've owned which are
notorious for being very hard to re-prime, once you open the fuel system.
At $12 each... plus a few feet of fuel line and clamps.. the little pumps
have saved hours of aggravation.