On 2021-01-18 18:21, Rick Knoble via Mercedes wrote:
Is PGP any good anymore? Or has a backdoor?
Probably "B".

What bugs me about bitlocker is M$ won't activate it unless you sign up for a M$ account and let them keep your encryption key for you. The closest I want to having my key out of my control is putting it in my safe deposit box.

Of course, that comes in handy sometimes, like when my bosses laptop took a dump on her last winter and she had done some payroll work on it that was not backed up anywhere. Took it to a shop and they pulled the HD, found it encrypted, and asked her for her bitlocker key. My what? I told her to log into her M$ account and get the key. Why didn't the computer shop tell me I could get it that way? Good question.