I don't use either one (I'm not on social media at all, actually) but
the pitch for Signal is secure end-to-end encryption. I thought it was
mostly a competitor to SMS or iMessage or other direct message
apps. Maybe it has a "follow" feature like Twitter? Don't know.

Parler appears to have some issues on the technical side, from what I've
read. Some clues that their programmers were not very experienced or
well-educated in secure programming practices (things like using a
simple sequential number for message IDs, which makes them easy to
guess). Their main selling point is/was free speech, not so much secrecy
or privacy. They didn't seem very prepared for being suddenly banned
from Amazon services, which is maybe understandable but when you use
cloud providers you should always have a tested plan "B" in case you
need it. Services like Google and Amazon are known to ban accounts for
no discernable reason, and talking to a real person to get it sorted out
is near-impossible.

Allan