On 2021-01-21 09:33, Meade Dillon via Mercedes wrote:
You need procedure 63-300 from Volume 2 of the 123 Service Manual, which has lots of great pictures of where all the welds are and where to cut etc. I'd highly recommend you try to get a paper copy of both Vol1 and Vol2 of
the "Service Manual Chassis and Body Series 123".

Karl, are you contemplating this surgery, or paying a pro to do it for you? I'd imagine a pro could work from a fuzzy .pdf on the CD, as he already knows what it's talking about.