Florida allows plate transfers, so unless an LEO had some kind of “sixth sense”
that allowed them to know what was going on with the car you removed the plate
from they would have no way to determine your claim to transfer wasn’t legit.

Rick, did you contact my shipping guy, Mike? I ask because he called and left
me a voice mail for “Rick”.

-D