Nope - metal roof is no more noisy than the old shingles in a hail storm,
at least ours isn't.

On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 11:25 AM Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Metal roof: might regret that during a storm.
>
> On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 11:42 AM Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > So at Okie acres it has a more simple type roof. The rental house has the
> > steep pitched more complex roof that I would imagine will be a lot more
> > expensive. And really, these do not need to be replaced, just a new layer
> > of shingles
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> > > On Aug 5, 2021, at 10:08 AM, dan penoff.com via Mercedes <
> > mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I’ve got to do a roof on the Flagstaff house in the near future. I
> have
> > a local roofing contractor coming by to give me an estimate soon. I may
> > talk to them about a metal roof - they’re fairly common in the area. The
> > house isn’t that big and the roof isn’t pitched significantly, so the
> roof
> > area isn’t bad. Might be worth considering…
> > >
> > > -D

> > to fit and ship it all to the house, the crew then puts it up.  It does
> go
> > up fast so labor is less.  I can't remember the total cost, it was more,
> > but it is a much better solution

> > and it would seem to me to be much less labor to install, but have heard
> > they are a lot more expensive.

> > roof at least.  Cost was not that much more and you don't have to think
> > about it ever again

> > just don’t understand why a roof would be intentionally made to be
> > temporary with all other options totally unaffordable.

> > been my
> hail,
> > do they just say 'it was time anyway, have fun paying for it yourself'?

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!