It’s my understanding from talking to our roofer that it’s regular three tab
shingles, architectural are 2x-3x more, and metal is 5x more.

Of course, it could be the market or code that makes it (more) expensive than
in;other parts of the country, but considering material and engineering costs I
could sort of see it.

-D

Sent from my iPad