I put metal shingles on my roof a while back, 16K.  30 year shingles were 9k,
I'm happy to have a very nice roof with a 50 year warrenty on it.

I had Metro shingles put one, special ordered white ones to cut down on the
heat in the summer.  lowered the electric bill some, and it's dead quiet
because the shingles are not in contact with the decking except at top and
bottom.  They screw down on the top and hook at the bottom.

Put new chimney caps on at the same time, and re-laid the loose brick on the
main chimney.  Other than cleaning one valley of leaves once in a while, I will
never have to get on the roof again.

Put new gutters on at the same time, had some repairs needed and the guards the
contractor liked wouldn't fit with the strap hangers on the old gutters, so
when he said it was $300 more to put on new gutters and downspouts I jumped.

May or may not suit your needs, and standing seam is also 50 year, doesn't look
as nice.  I don't really care, I just want a maintenance free long life roof.
Someone else can deal with it 20 years after I'm dead.