In the early 80’s I had a ‘62. Three-on-the-tree, dead simple 170in3, no PS,
manual choke,  tube AM radio…it was awesome.
It shared almost all its accessories bits (brackets, pulleys, braces, AC/heater
parts) with Mustang. I remember being annoyed cause Mustang guys had more money
to pay higher prices for those things than I did so, as a result, I could
upgrade my Falcon with the correct aftermarket AC to make living here more
comfortable.
I remember trying to talk the nurse at the children’s hospital into allowing me
to take my infant son home in my Falcon on July 30, 1989. I think it was 116
degrees and we had a 25 mile trip through Phoenix traffic. My effort to toughen
him up from the get go turned into me calling my dad and he came down in his
1990 Toronado blowing ice cold air.

AZBob

Sent from my iPhone