Very rare to lose both engines in flight. So rare as "not supposed to happen in
the service life of the aircraft" if it were to happen it would be from
something like contaminated fuel, a significant maintenance error, or massive
foreign object ingestion in both engines. If an engine flames out at altitude I
believe the windmilling from the airstream gives it enough rotation for a
relight, though I stand to be corrected. Aircraft can generally depart with the
APU inop so it is not critical for any anticipated in-flight emergencies.