Place it so that it is easiest to get a car on it, especially if it can't
move under its own steam. Also, minimized the available space for cramming
in other cars - the fewer in there at one time, the more room (easier) to
work on those that are there.
Sheesh, that mess looks a LOT like my hangar now ...

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 4:24 PM Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I was thinking of angling it to the left of that other lift, toward the
> smaller door. If I do it to the right it will be a real tight turn trying
> to get it in. If I do it straight in, if far enough in I would have room to
> park cars behind it and should have room to the right to get around it and
> park cars in that spot to the left of the other lift, as well as to the
> right of it.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Oct 14, 2021, at 4:17 PM, Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > Angle it in to the right of that other lift?
> >
> > --FT
> >
> >> On 10/14/21 4:38 PM, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes wrote:
> >> Here are some pics of the Okie shop after I moved most of the cars out.
> As you can see, I have a ton of crap to go thru, clean out, and organize.
> In the pic you see a 126 on the alignment rack. I will probably move it out
> later. I am trying to decide where to install the 2 post lift. My first
> plan was to install it in the spot next to where the SDL is parked on the
> other lift, to the left of it. It may or may not end up being close
> quarters. Not sure. My next thought was to install it straight in from the
> big overhead door next to the shelves of parts on the left side. Nose of
> the car would be close to where that brown 115 is. May end up moving those
> first 2 115’s out of the shop and install more shelves behind them for
> storage.
> >>
> >> Which spot would make more sense to put the lift? On the right next to
> the other lift, or on the left straight in from the door? If on the left, I
> think I would still have room to get cars and out to the right of if. The
> thing with it being on the right is it would leave room to park cars on the
> left behind where the lifts would be. Also, the power is on the wall to the
> right but should not be that big of an issue to run the cable over. Also
> want to install the air lines during this process.  Sure wish I had some
> help with this.
> >>

> >> Sent from my iPhone

> > --
> > --FT

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!