Every time I have tried to sell small items on CL or eBay it has ended up being
more work and hassle than was anywhere close to being worth the time for the
money.

If you have stuff you haven't touched in 5 - 10 years (some would say less),
unless it is some kind of family heirloom/keepsake, get rid of it.

Allan