My car had a package of o-rings for the top zylinders in the trunk which
suggests the top is inop.  I have had the hardtop off once but have not tried
to raise the soft top. From what I read it is not hard to replace the o-rings,
you just have to be careful not to scratch the metal and to get them in right.
I think Dan said he did the R&R in like 10-12 hr. A lot of the time is pulling
and replacing panels.

Sent from my iPad