John Ervine said:
> John Ervine wrote:
>
>> More responsible individuals, on the other hand, tend to have better
>> things to
>> do with their time.  ;-)
>
> Forgot to add - all three trips were done sans license plates, but with
> valid
> insurance on the cars phoned in before I left.  Never had a second glance
> from
> any of the fine law enforcement personnel I encountered along the way.
> Some
> states offer temp tags, but Georgia is not one of them.  With insurance, a
> title, and a bill of sale, I felt I'd be just fine if any situation arose.

And maybe THAT'S a better approach then what I've been toying with; which
is to take the PA plate off my 87 wagon and put that on the 79 240D for
the trip back.

Complications for this retrieval are that I'm going to be in the area with
my family camping (so that rules out trailering it back since the popup
camper will be attached to the Trailblazer) and I don't want to make
another trip down there just to pick up a car. Also, the sale isn't
complete yet. I have given the seller some hand money to hold it, but I
don't have the title, etc.

...Kevin
87 300TD 284k mi