On 27/05/2022 9:20 AM, Buggered Benzmail via Mercedes wrote:
Putting aside the environmental and international economic and security issues
associated with lithium batteries and PV panels, I like the idea of a garage
with PV panels to charge your car. Of course you would need storage batteries
in your garage to collect and store the electrons from solar photons so you can
charge your car at night. The whole process should be on the order of maybe 8%
efficient if you’re lucky.

--FT

Given the cost of solar panels, controllers and storage batteries etc., plus the electric car, it is likely less expensive to continue the purchase of gasoline or diesel for the foreseeable future.

I wonder, if you install the solar system, suggested above, if it would enhance the value of your property to the point where you would profit rather than lose money if you sold the home?

I have to admit that I would like to experiment a bit with solar but I don't really need it and I am not certain what I would use it for or what I would gain it I did. Unlike Curt, we have electric power at the cottage and although it tends to be a bit expensive, it would take an expensive system to replace it.

I guess I could use it to feed outdoor lighting in the yard but LED lights don't use a lot of power so it would likely take a long while to break even.

Randy