On 2022-05-27 13:09, Floyd Thursby via Mercedes wrote:

Another buddy apparently has a system installed now and is waiting for
a Tesla battery to provide some stand-alone capacity in the event of
power outage.  I was over there recently but it was dark and I didn't
see the install.

I did some research and managed to come up with an IRS opinion letter which stated that the battery was part of the total solar install and could be included in the cost for the federal energy credit. A client paid over $40k for a total bells and whistles system last year. He's retired and won't be paying federal income tax for a few years.