> My son has an air fryer and they think it is great. Can't convince my wife.
> She says we have enough appliances and it wouldn't get used. She might be
> right.

We have one, I chose it from the company Christmas gift list.  It's very basic,
with a mechanical tick-tock timer.
(I approve of the tech.)  It does occupy counter space, and so far I haven't
seen it do anything for us that couldn't
be done with a fry pan.  She cooks frozen burgers in it, and I think you could
flop that into a pan and be done just
as easily, with a lot less cleanup.  I suspect that its practicality depends on
what you like to cook in it.

-- Jim